Sunday, September 21, 2014

Menu Plan for Early Fall

It's fall this week!  We had a great summer - wonderful weather, lots of fun, but I confess, I am in love with autumn - the colors, the scents, the spices!  With cooler temperatures, I use the oven a little more, and we eat meals that are a bit heartier....but I'm still putting the grill to use a time or two this week.


I'm planning to make applesauce snack bars this week - they contain some whole grain and less oil and sugar than most cakes, but they are still sweet and moist because of the applesauce in the recipe.  If I get them made, I'll share the recipe with you!  It feels like a good week for popcorn too, and we have lots of apples and grapes for snacking.  

Enough chatter - here is the supper menu for this week:

M - Asian chicken salad with crispy noodles, toasted almonds, Mandarin oranges and dark sesame dressing, applesauce snack bars

T - grilled ham and cheese sandwiches, homemade tomato soup, honeydew melon

W - cheese enchiladas, Mexican rice, shredded lettuce and tomato salad, black grapes

R - beef curry over rice, apples w/fruit dip

F - grilled turkey & bacon kebabs, roasted potatoes w/garlic & onion, zucchini fritters

S - homemade pizza, salad, strawberry smoothies

S - leftovers or dinner out

That's our plan!  What's for supper at your place?  Leave a comment, if you like!


3 comments:

  1. Your menu sounds yummy!

    M-Smoked sausage sauteed with peppers and onion, leftover mac n cheese and green beans from Friday, steamed broccoli, coleslaw

    T-hamburger gravy and mashed potatoes, green peas, salad

    W-one pan fettuccine alfredo, salad, garlic bread

    TR-Concert night at the library-$5 Subway sub, chips and drinks from home

    FR-Homemade pizza , salad

    ST-friends for dinner, I am going to smoke our last turkey, corn casserole, sauteed green beans and sweet onions, rolls and salad My friend will be making dessert.

    SN-leftovers for lunch and smoked turkey sandwiches for supper

    We need to eat up some sweets that are in the freezer so I will not bake this week other than bread. It is supposed to finally be cooler this week. But, the weather forecast has frequently been wrong lately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw your comment on The Prudent Homemaker that you had got a puppy so I had to come over to see.....gorgeous! Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love those jar ring pumpkins! Awesome use of those rusty ones!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for joining the conversation! I moderate the comments, so please be patient - they will appear as soon as I have read them!